okay…time for a little house update! we’re moving along quite well and still anticipating a june 1 completion date. i can hardly believe that is only two months away!!!
so i wanted to do a little piece on the nursery before it’s completed. this has been my inspiration picture from the beginning. i cannot find the source but will link back when i do.
i didn’t love everything about this space but the overall look captured what i was looking for.
so i saved this picture and stuck with it for inspiration.
these are the elements i wanted to emulate:
1. overall layering of basically two colors. i am really drawn to tone on tone.
2. the separation of colors on the wall. one color on the bottom, one on top.
3. the painted white wood floor!
4. the antique brass chandelier and the smaller scale of it. (i found one!)
5. white crib.
here is the nursery standing in the doorway looking in. the small closet is to the right of the windows.
next, you can see the wood floor is down. we went with a 5″ oak. at final stage it will be sanded down about 1/8″ on sight then finished to specification.
we also decided to layer in a texture to the bottom half of the room. what you see is board and batten before paint.
below you will see the nursery walls with the finishing touch of a little ledge on the board and batten.
i think it will be nice to be able to lean some artwork on (securely of course!) as well as adding a little more visual interest.
the walls are primed, sanded and nail holes filled at this stage.
the floors have been covered with brown paper to prepare for final painting.
the bottom half of the room will be painted in benjamin moore’s london fog color.
the top will be benjamin moore’s ready mix white color which is also the white we are using in several
other areas of the house.
when we designed this space some of our thoughts were:
~ place this room right next to the master bedroom
~ design this room with the thought that when it is done being used as a nursery we can transition it to be an upstairs office for my husband.
~ therefore the closet was built out with more shelving versus rods for hanging.