the moment i saw this kitchen posted on cote de texas everything changed. i went from white cabinets to this gorgeous grey. and from black soapstone countertops to white italian marble.
there are so many elements in this picture that inspired our kitchen design!
1. the cabinet color! benjamin moore’s fieldstone
2. white countertops (yes they will scratch, stain and chip…that’s life!)
3. those open shelves! i brought this picture in to our cabinet man.
4. bridge faucet with a straight neck.
5. wood floors, bin pulls, stainless appliances, apron front sink, white subway backsplash.
these are things we already were implementing so this solidified the deal!
below you see the beginning stages of the kitchen! the wood beams on the ceiling are covered until the painters are done.
the brick “kick wall”. i don’t know what else to call it. 🙂 you know, the place where the kids kick their feet when they’re sitting at the counter? the kick wall. trying to decide if it should be painted the color of the cabinets or the walls (a lighter grey). any input?